Planning for a date on Valentine’s Day? Surely, you wouldn’t want this to be just like any other date. The food, drinks, music, ambiance and sweet talking – all must add up to bring romance in the air.
Although there are many options on where to take your date, each of them offering fine food and drinks for valentines day, the hassles of traffic might just spoil your appetite even before you get there. What’s more, sharing the room with hundreds of other couples may just ruin the most important factor for sweet talking – your privacy.
Now here’s a perfect place for this private moment – your own condo house. Spreading rose petals on the couch and lighting candles, along with sweet music may just set the perfect ambiance for a Valentine’s date. Today’s condo in [the] Philippines offers compact yet comfortable space that adds to a feeling of intimacy.
Well you need not worry about the food. Nowadays, condo house plans offer easy access from the kitchen to the dining and guest area, so you can leave the baking and heating while entertaining your special someone. Here are a few easy steps in preparing a recipe in your condo good for two:
1. Arouse the mood with Red Wine
In a survey of 500 women made by Cyberpulse, 59% of the ladies would like their sweethearts to give them wine instead of chocolates on Valentine’s Day. For some reason, wine and romance simply go together. And this reason might be, as many party people attest, wine warms the blood, and after a glass or two, other people seem more attractive. According to wine drinkers, they respond in a romantic way particularly to red wine.
2. Tickle your appetite with Oyster Rockefeller
Oysters have a reputation for increasing sexual desire. True or not, it has high zinc content so health-wise, it’s sure to do you good for an appetizer.
1 slice bacon
12 unopened, fresh, live medium oysters
¾ cups cooked spinach
1/6 cup bread crumbs
1/8 cup chopped green onions
½ tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
¼ teaspoon salt
a dash of hot pepper sauce
1½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon anise flavored liqueur
2 cups rock salt (kosher salt)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
2. Clean oysters and place in a large stockpot. Pour in enough water to cover oysters; bring the water and oysters to a boil. Remove from heat and drain and cool oysters. When cooled break the top shell off of each oyster.
3. Using a food processor, chop the bacon, spinach, bread crumbs, green onions, and parsley. Add the salt, hot sauce, olive oil and anise-flavored liqueur and process until finely chopped but not pureed, about 10 seconds.
4. Arrange the oysters in their half shells on a pan with kosher salt. Spoon some of the spinach mixture on each oyster. Bake 10 minutes until cooked through, then change the oven’s setting to broil and broil until browned on top. Serve hot.
3. Excite your senses with Hot & Spicy Tomato Soup
Spicy food increases the heart rate and makes us sweat, so this soup may just sizzle the mood for a romantic moment.
½ tablespoon vegetable oil
½ cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup chopped carrot
1/8 cup chopped celery
1 can (14 ounces) crushed tomatoes
1 ¾ cups vegetable broth
½ tablespoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon dried thyme
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 drops hot pepper sauce
1. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic until onion is tender.
2. Add carrot and celery; cook 7 to 9 minutes until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in tomatoes, broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt, thyme, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Entice the heart with Honey Chicken
Opting for baked chicken or honey glazed chicken for your main course wouldn’t be bad since honey is a great source of boron – a mineral proven to enhance testosterone levels in the blood, the hormone responsible for promoting romantic drive!
1/8 cup honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/16 teaspoon red pepper flakes
¾ tablespoon olive oil
1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half, cut into bite-size pieces
1. Whisk honey, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir chicken in hot oil until lightly brown, about 5 minutes. Pour honey mixture into skillet and continue to cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink in the center and sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes more.
5. Satisfy your craving with Chocolate Eclair
Pure chocolate contains a host of compounds including PEA, which is said to help induce feelings of excitement, attraction and euphoria. Through chocolate’s large popularity, lots of chocolate lovers and food innovators come up with different recipes that includes chocolate. One of the most popular combination of chocolate recipes would be almonds and chocolates. You’ll see lots of mouthwatering recipes that has these ingredients which will surely make you run through the nearest cake shop. One of these famous chocolate recipes would be the chocolate eclair. Eclairs are the perfect way to sweetly end your lovely dinner. So go ahead, indulge in chocolates!
2 individual packages graham crackers
2 (3 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
3 cups milk
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (16 ounce) package-prepared chocolate frosting
1. Line the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan with graham crackers.
2. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix and milk; stir well. Mix whipped topping into pudding mixture. Spread half of mixture over graham cracker layer. Top with another layer of graham crackers and the remaining pudding.
3. Top all with a final layer of graham crackers and frost with chocolate frosting. Refrigerate at least two hours before serving to allow the graham crackers to soften.
Aside from impressing your date with these easy recipes, don’t forget to make him/her feel extra special by considering a condo house design that will suit his/her taste. It only takes a little attention to details. A simple change in the color of pillow covers, table mats and area rugs to match the personality of your date might just do the trick: blue evokes tranquility, green provides a natural touch, yellow gives a cheery atmosphere, while pink and purple energizes the room.
Now that you’ve shared your home and your food, next comes the best part of the date – yourself. Go and share your thoughts, your feelings, and your dreams. Discuss your common interests. It’s the only way to know if this date deserves another.