Christmas Basket Ideas for Your Gift-giving this Yuletide Season
The most wonderful time of the year is just around the corner. There’s no need to spend all your Xmas bonuses for your gift-giving plans. Be smart with your spending habits regardless of the season!
Explore practical Christmas basket ideas that show your love and appreciation to your DMCI Homes Communities admin staff and neighbors. Here are recommended gift items that you can mix and match.
For the neighbor who is always helping out
For that always-ready-to-help neighbor, here are items you may include in your gift basket
- Coffee or tea – A warm cup of coffee or tea is the perfect way to start the day, and it’s sure to be appreciated by your helpful neighbor. Consider ordering homegrown coffee beans to support local farmers.
- Snacks – Pair the coffee or tea with baked goodies. Add brownies, cupcakes or any other sweet treats to your Xmas basket.
- Gift card – You may also include a gift card to your neighbor’s favorite restaurant or store. Snap up vouchers from restaurants that are offering these at discounted prices.
- Home essentials – Let your helpful neighbor save on grocery expenses by gifting them home essentials such as cleaning materials or toiletries.
For the neighbor who always has Christmas decorations up early
For that community buddy who is giddy about the Xmas season, here are Christmas gift basket ideas to choose from:
- Gift card – A gift card to their favorite store is always a welcome present that can be used to buy all of the Christmas decorations they need for next year.
- Sweet treats – Fill your gift basket with cookies, gingerbread houses, and chocolates. These are great additions to your neighbor’s Xmas home design.
- Christmas tree decor – Gift a few tree décor that would match your neighbor’s design theme. They would surely love these. Check out these DIY Christmas trees that you can also share with your neighbor who loves to put up Christmas decorations early.
For the neighbor who is always on-the-go
For that busy-bee neighbor, here are some gift ideas to keep them fired up:
- Breakfast - Because your neighbor is always on-the-go there is a possibility that they start their day without a meal. You can fill your Christmas baskets with breakfast essentials such as bread and jam, coffee beans or instant coffee packets, and overnight oats.
- Water jug – Send a gift to remind your busy neighbor to always hydrate. Add a leak-resistant water bottle to your gift basket.
For the neighbor working from home
What to give your neighbor who works at home? There’s a lot to choose from, actually! Here are some Christmas basket ideas for you:
- Snacks and Drinks – People working at home tend to skip meals when their work starts pouring in. No one is there to remind us about breaks. For your hardworking neighbor, give snacks they can munch on while in their work area – baked goodies, preserved fruits, candy bars, etc. You may also include iced coffee in bottles or tea packets.
- Medicinal kits – Help your buddy stay healthy while grappling with long work hours. Add vitamins, over-the-counter medicines, body patches, and ointment to your gift basket. This will make them feel that you care for their health.
- Office Supplies – For busy people, you can never go wrong with office essentials! Give your neighbor a set of pens, notepads, and other organizing supplies.
For the neighbor who loves to cook and bake
Surprise your neighbor who loves working in the kitchen with these Xmas gift basket ideas:
- Herbs – Spruce up your neighbor’s herb pantry! You may gift them with potted herbs or dried leaves kept in gorgeous mason jars.
- Organic food ingredients – This is a good time to introduce healthy food options to your community if they’re not practicing it already. Gift them with organic vegetables, eggs, and other food ingredients.
- Kitchen tools – No need to spend a lot on kitchen equipment gifts. You can give simple but useful items such as beautiful aprons, mittens, cooking wares or containers, and bake moldings.
Those are just some Christmas gift basket ideas that you can give your condo neighbors. Let us not also forget the unsung heroes of your community who work hard every day to help ensure a safe, clean and comfortable environment for all. Here are some of the Christmas basket ideas that you can give the condo staff:
For the hardworking front desk staff
Give back to the ever-accommodating front desk staff this Xmas! Here are some gift ideas for your basket:
- Snacks and Beverages – Fill the gift basket with sweets, cookies, gingerbreads, fruit cakes, and beverages for their snacks. Do not forget to insert a “Thank You” note to truly express your gratitude.
- Gift cards - Front desk staff face residents and clients every day, so their physical appearance and personality are important in the job. You can give them gift cards from barbershops, salons or spas for much-deserved pampering.
- No spill coffee tumbler – There are beautiful eco-friendly coffee tumblers you can gift to the hardworking staff in your condo. This will help them power up every day.
For the ever-reliable security personnel
Let the people who ensure the safety and security of the condo community know that their work is appreciated. Here are Christmas basket gift ideas:
- Midnight snacks - Working a graveyard shift can be exhausting and this can make you hungry. You can give the security personnel in your condo a midnight snacks Christmas basket with cookies, bread, or sandwiches. Along with these snacks, you can also include coffee or chocolate drinks that can help them to be awake all night long.
- Comfy chair pillow and portable blanket – Choose inexpensive items that could offer comfort to the people who work hard in your community. Add a chair pillow or a portable fleece blanket for when they need to catch naps during their breaks.
- Essential work gear: You can include these items in their basket; batteries for their flashlights, first aid kits, reflectorized vests, whistles, and gears that can keep them warm, especially during their night shift duties.
For the maintenance staff that keeps the condo community clean and organized
Don’t forget to spread the spirit of giving to the people who offer a lot – maintenance staff. Check out these gift ideas:
- Noche Buena goodies - you can fill the basket with noche buena items that they can bring home for their family. This basket can help them minimize their expense this Christmas season.
- Gift cards - You can also give them gift cards from barbershops, salons, and spas so that they can pamper themselves after a long and tiring day. This will let them feel that their sacrifices and hard work are appreciated.
For your house help who always takes care of everything in your home
How would your household keep such pristine conditions without your help? Show how much you appreciate their hard work with these gift ideas:
- Groceries – Free groceries are such a blessing! Your help will save money (for the items and commute) with a basket of home essentials.
- Insurance – Buy personal accident insurance or a prepaid health card for your help. This offers peace of mind that they have financial help when an emergency strikes.
Giving out Christmas baskets is one of the reasons why “Ber” months are dear to our hearts. It is also a sign of sharing your blessings with other people and making them feel that you care for them.
Giving away Christmas baskets in your condo community is a way of strengthening your bond with your neighbors and the staff of the community. In choosing Christmas baskets ideas, keep these in mind:
- Go for inexpensive gift items. You don’t need to spend a fortune on gift baskets. Choose groceries, snacks, noche buena essentials, and others that will truly help the receivers.
- Take the time to know what the receivers truly need. Go for function. Avoid gifting stuff that will only add clutter to their homes.
- Include hard-written notes. Make the gift baskets more personalized with notes of Thank Yous and Season Greetings.
To learn more about DMCI Homes pre-selling and ready for occupancy projects, units for lease, and special promos, log on to www.dmcihomes.com or call (632) 5324-8888. You can also check out https://leasing.dmcihomes.com/ for currently available condos for rent.
News and other updates are also posted on the company’s official website and its social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.